Microsoft Certification Dashboard
Everything you need to know about the Microsoft Certification Dashboard and making sure your certification profile is kept in the right place
What is the Certification Dashboard?
Your Microsoft Certification Dashboard is the home for all of your personal certification-related information. You’ll come here to update your profile, to locate your Microsoft Certification identification number (MCID), and to get your Microsoft Certification transcript. It’s a good place to find anything related to your certifications.
What is the certification profile?
Your Microsoft Certification profile is an important source of data. When you take an exam, the proctor will match the information you provide at the time of taking the test to what is in your profile. Therefore, your profile information must be identical to your government-issued identification. If it is not, you will not be able to take the exam. Keeping your profile updated can save you time and hassle.
How to access your Certification Dashboard
- You can access your Certification Dashboard from any of the following places:
- Below the description on any certification or exam details page on Microsoft Learn.
- On the Certifications overview, in the upper right corner, there is a link to "Go to Certification Dashboard".
- There is also a link in the "Certifications" section of your Microsoft Learn profile.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account and password that you used to create your Microsoft Certification profile.
How to identify yourself as a student in your Microsoft Certification profile
- Sign into your Microsoft Certification Dashboard with your Microsoft account credentials.
- Select "Edit your certification profile" at the top of the page.
- To edit your profile, select the pencil icon, or 'edit profile' next to "Certification profile".
- If your profile has not yet been set, simply fill in the form to complete it.
- In the "Job title" dropdown, select "Student".
- Look for the academic pricing notice that appears below the "Job title" dropdown.
How to verify your academic status
- Follow the instructions to identify yourself as a student in your Microsoft Certification profile.
- Look for the academic pricing notice that appears below the "Job title" dropdown. Select "Get verified now" to be redirected to the academic verification system.
- You can verify your academic status with any of the methods below. Select the method you prefer from the main menu. Follow the on-screen instructions for the verification method of your choice.
- School-issued email account.
- School network credentials.
- International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
- Verification code from a Microsoft representative or your institution’s administrator.
- Documentation (acceptable documentation is a dated student ID, current progress report, current dated class schedule, or acceptance letter to the school of higher education).
Checking your student status when registering for an exam
- On the certification or exam details page for which you want to register, click "Schedule exam".
- Sign into with your Microsoft account credentials associated with your Microsoft Certification profile.
- When verifying your certification profile is up to date, ensure that the "Job title" field displays "Student—verified".
- If your certification profile does not show this state, follow the instructions on how to identify yourself as a student in your Microsoft Certification profile or how to verify your academic status.